Print off this page. Fill in the blanks from the Word List. Bring the completed page to class.
thread take-up spool pin thread guide tension control bobbin winder stitch width selector needle thread guide presser foot lifter reverse button on/off switch feed-dog throat plate bobbin case bobbin
stitch length selector light foot pedal hand wheel presser foot
1. The_______________ __________________ ________________ lifts and lowers the presser foot. Raise it to insert or remove fabric. Lower it when ready to sew.
2. The _______________ ______________________ _____________________ adjusts the length of the stitch.
3. The _____________ ______________________ ______________________ changes a straight stitch to a zigzag stitch.
4. Turn the ______________ __________________ to raise and lower the needle to place it where you want.
5. The ________ -________ and the presser foot work together to move the fabric.
6. The _____________________ ______________________ adjusts the amount of pressure on the the thread as it goes through the machine.
7. The _____/______ _________________ turns the power on and off.
8. Press the___________________ ___________________ to sew backwards.
9. The _____________________ ___________________ directs the thread from the spool to the needle.
10. The _________________ holds the bobbin thread and fits into the bobbin case.
11. Press the ____________ ___________________ to make the sewing machine go and to control speed.
12. The________________ shines on the sewing area so you can see the needle and thread better.
13. The _________________ _________________________ has openings for the needle and the feed-dog.
14. The _________________ ___________ holds the spool of thread in place.
15. The ___________________ _____________________ holds the bobbin when winding thread onto it.
16. The _____________________ _______________ and the feed-dog work together to move the fabric.
17. The _____________________ ______________ - ________ keeps the tension on the thread. Start and stop with this lever in its highest position.
18. The ___________________________ carries the thread through the fabric and joins it with the bobbin thread.